Wednesday 28 August 2013

Landscape painting - Chelsea Bridge view from Battersea Park in London

Landscape painting - Chelsea Bridge view from Battersea Park in London UK
acrylics on canvas size 30 x 40cm
year 2013

                                             

As a first post I wish to publish a painting I made on the 10th July 2013 because it was my first outdoor experience after veeeery looong  hiatus.

It was a warm-up for the first annual art competition organized by http://www.pintarrapido.com/  The subject was outdoor air painting in the Royal Borough Chelsea and Kensington. The river banks of Thames, the Chelsea and Battersea respectively, are one of my favorites spots in London and ideal for relaxing, contemplating and worth of a subject for a painting. So I decided this particular angle was right and inspired me to start a painting. I wanted to achieve a very airy feel, neo- impressionist? I don't know, still I was unconsciously driven by the atmosphere around me, the passage of time, the absence of time, time outside our 9 to 5 perception of time, time from the past or from the present or a glimpse to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment