Thursday 14 November 2013

Painting 'Folkestone Bay'

painting 'Folkestone Bay', Kent, UK  - acrylics on canvas
size 40 x 40 cm
year 2013
     
 
  

Last summer in UK was splendid, well at least in Kent and in the south east coast of England. 
The painting above was the result of spending a day in Folkestone with a fellow friend artist, snapping photos for possible painting. Particularly I was seduced by the sight of fishing boats and seagulls as if they were constantly and gently dancing to the rhythm of the sea breeze. Finally the colors and the scent of the sea and the layers of other discernible marine scents bestowed in me the urge to draw and paint all those impression and the immediate contact with the scene: Folkestone bay.
The painting is now in Poland in Lasocice! It was a birthday gift to a friend Arek and the last photo, bottom right is me at his place; the last time I was holding my finished painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment