Wednesday 28 August 2013

Landscape painting for Pintar Rapido competition - a view of Sloane Square in London




 

 

The first annual art competition organized by http://www.pintarrapido.com/  As I mentioned in the previous post, the subject was outdoor air painting in the Royal Borough Chelsea and Kensington. 
At first I wanted to continue painting along the river even though is at one of the edge of the borough. I was not much interested in adding people in my painting but rather the natural organic aspect of the borough, namely nature. I was somewhat confused about what particular spot I wanted to paint as the final piece for the competition. I heard that the whole point of this new competition was that people could see and be amazed at watching artists painting on the spot and completing the masterpiece on the same very day.
At the end I decided to paint a view of Sloane Square  as it is a one the main busy arteries of the borough.
My partner Marzena was not behind my shoulder police-cing my very brush strokes but in front of me. In fact, as you can see she was sitting on a bench reading and posing for me gracefully (it's very useful to take your partner with you and use as an 'element' of your painting - she was still like a stone :)

At the end of the long painting marathon, I managed I believe, to convey the monotony, the lazy hot day, but also questioning in my mind's eyes: what is so special about Sloane Square? you tell me.
Anyhow, the painting was jealously handed in the Pintar Rapido headquarter fairly in time.
I really enjoyed painting on plein air,of course. Still, my heart was along the river Thames...

No comments:

Post a Comment